Leg veins sometimes become swollen due to poor circulation or genetics, and can be an unsightly feature when visible. Wearing shorts or swimsuits may become a problem if you are self-conscious about your leg veins showing. Fortunately, you can hide your veins temporarily by using body foundation, and use natural remedies and exercise to improve your circulation and minimize the appearance of your veins.
EditUsing Body Makeup to Conceal Veins
- Start with clean, exfoliated legs. The makeup will be easier to apply and last longer if your skin is free of dirt, oil, and dander. Take a shower, dry your legs, and use a textured sponge or bristle brush to gently scrub your skin in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells. Then rinse off again in the shower.
- Buy a concealer designed for hiding veins. Many skin care and makeup companies offer products designed specifically to cover up leg veins. Look for these products in your local pharmacy or beauty supply shop.
- Apply the concealer only where your veins are visible. This will help give your legs a more even skin tone. Most concealers come in liquid form, and can be applied with a soft makeup brush.
- Apply body foundation over the concealer and the rest of your legs. To make the concealer less visible, you can put a layer of body foundation on your legs. This will blend the concealer with the rest of your legs and also give you a more even, smooth-looking skin tone.
- Choose a foundation that matches the skin tone of your legs, not your face, which may be darker.
- Use a makeup removal product to clean your legs at the end of the day. Like face makeup, it’s best not to leave any makeup you apply to your legs on overnight. It can clog your pores and irritate your skin over time.
- Use a creamy cleanser designed for removing heavy makeup. Soap and water alone will not remove the makeup thoroughly.
- Try self-tanning lotion for a more lasting effect. If you want your veins to be less visible without having to apply makeup, try using a self-tanning product. Darker skin makes veins less obvious. Choose a moisturizing tanning lotion to keep your skin healthy.
EditImproving Circulation to Minimize Veins
- Exercise regularly to improve circulation in your legs. Walking, biking, and leg lifts are all good ways to keep your legs in motion on a regular basis. Exercise will improve your health overall, and reduce the appearance of veins.
- Keep your legs elevated when resting. If possible, keep your legs slightly raised when you are sleeping or sitting for extended periods. You can do this by putting a pillow or two under legs at night, and by using footrests when possible.
- Ideally, your feet should be elevated above the level of your heart.
- Avoid sitting and standing for prolonged periods. When your legs are inactive for long stretches of time, your blood circulation is reduced. This can worsen the condition of your veins and make them more visible. Try to move around and get your blood flowing often.
- If you have an office job, try sitting on an exercise ball instead of a chair. This will keep your legs in motion.
- Wear compression stockings during the day. Talk to your doctor about what size and compression strength you should use, and how long you should use them for. Get at least 2 pairs so you can wear one while the other is in the wash.
- Wear your stockings every day for as long as your doctor recommends, and remove them at night.
EditUsing Natural Remedies
- Spritz your legs with apple cider vinegar to improve your circulation. Drip or spray a little undiluted apple cider vinegar over your veins and gently massage it into your skin. Do this twice a day for a few months. This will get your blood flowing and should lessen the appearance of your veins.
- Massage your legs with coconut oil. Regular self-massage is a good way to increase blood flow in your legs, and it can also help relieve soreness. Warm the coconut oil until it is about the consistency of olive oil and massage your legs using gentle, upward strokes.
- You can massage your legs at least once every day, or whenever they feel sore.
- Be careful not to push directly on any bulging veins.
- Apply aloe vera gel to your legs. If you have access to an aloe vera plant, you can break the tip off of a stalk and use the juice that comes out of it. Rub the gel gently into your legs where your veins are visible to improve your circulation.
- Aloe vera gel can also be bought at most pharmacies and beauty supply shops.
- If you have very large or visible leg veins, consult your doctor.
EditSources and Citations
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
source How to of the Day https://ift.tt/2r0vbyW