Summer is the perfect time to go out and spend time with your family and friends, but it can be hard to know what to wear when the weather gets hot. Luckily, there are plenty of options that will let you show off your style while still staying cool. Whether you're hanging out with your friends, dressing up for a night out, or adding the perfect accessories to your outfit, it's easy to look your best all summer!
EditChoosing a Casual Summer Outfit
- Start with a casual shirt that is not too tight. Tight fabrics will make you feel hotter, so choose a shirt that skims lightly around your torso and allows you to move your arms freely.
- Tank tops and other sleeveless shirts are a popular summertime option. Pair them with distressed jeans or a pair of shorts and sandals for the ultimate in summer style.
- A graphic tee paired with sneakers and jeans or shorts looks great on pretty much anyone.
- Wear a short-sleeve, button-down shirt with khaki shorts and flip-flops for a look that will fit right in at the bbq grill.
- Pick casual bottoms that will keep you cool. Loose, flowy fabrics and cuts which expose a little skin will be more comfortable than constricting or full-coverage pants. Try on different lengths of shorts, capris, and skirts to see what looks best on you.
- Other options for summer include culottes, skorts, and lightweight pants.
- Choose lightweight, breathable fabrics. During the summer, you’ll be most comfortable if you wear fabrics that will allow sweat to evaporate. Cotton, linen, and athletic fabrics are all popular options.
- Linen pants are appropriate for almost any occasion. Dress them up with a button-down shirt and loafers or dress them down with a short-sleeved shirt and slip-on sandals.
- If you’re going to be working out or playing sports, try wearing a mesh tank top with a pair of breathable shorts and sneakers. Don’t forget the socks!
- Bring an extra layer in case it gets cool. Whether you walk into a building with the air on full blast or you’re hanging out on the beach after the sun goes down, bring a long-sleeved top along with you so you don’t get chilly.
- A slouchy cardigan looks great with a graphic t-shirt and shorts.
- A dramatic caftan wrap adds a boho-chic flair to any summer outfit.
- A long-sleeved t-shirt is the perfect accompaniment whether you’re wearing jeans, shorts, or swim trunks.
- Incorporate your swimsuit into your outfit if you’ll be around water. If you’re going to be near the beach or a pool, don’t hide your swimsuit! Try to build your outfit around it so you can show off your swimwear.
- Let the straps of your bikini top show under a tank top or t-shirt.
- Wear your swim trunks in place of regular shorts so you’ll be ready to jump into the water at a moment’s notice.
- Opt for a casual dress or skirt for a feminine look perfect for a summer day. Breezy dresses are an excellent way to stay cool in summer, and they look effortlessly stylish when you wear them with sandals or sneakers.
- A shirt-dress and sneakers are a perfect blend of comfort and style. Make the look work-appropriate by layering it with a blazer.
- A flowy maxi dress with sandals will give off beach vibes whether you’re heading to work or hitting the grocery store.
- A denim pencil skirt looks great whether it’s paired with a t-shirt or an off-the-shoulder blouse.
- Opt for a romper if you don’t want to wear a skirt. You’ll get the convenience of an all-in-one outfit, plus the added freedom of movement that comes with wearing shorts.
EditDressing up for Summer
- Look for relaxed tops when you're dressing up during the summer. Tailored styles are usually considered more formal, but clothes which are too structured can leave you feeling uncomfortable since they don't breathe.
- Flowy blouses and loose-fitting button-down shirts made from cotton, chiffon, and rayon are perfect for special occasions held on the hottest days of the year.
- Choose shorts made from a luxurious material to look dressy when it's hot. Tuxedo shorts are a popular option for dressy events during the summer, but you can also find shorts decorated with chiffon overlays, ruffles, or lace. Choose shorts with a boxy, structured cut for the most elegant look.
- A flowy top with structured shorts and sandals looks casually romantic.
- Tuxedo shorts with a button-down shirt and heels gives off a business glam vibe.
- Wear a linen suit for a stylish way to dress up when the weather is hot. Summer might be wedding season, but when temperatures climb above in the shade, nobody wants to wear a heavy 3-piece suit. Opt for lightweight linen instead.
- Pair your linen suit with a coordinating shirt in a lightweight fabric like cotton, rayon, or silk, and a pair of loafers or boat shoes.
- Wear a little black dress to show off your tan on any occasion. There’s no wrong time to wear an LBD, so find one that fits you perfectly, then wear it everywhere, from a first date to a bridal shower.
- If you'll be out in the sun and you don't want to wear black, look for a light-colored maxi dress or sundress made of cotton, jersey, silk, or rayon.
- If you have an hourglass shape or you're wider in the hips, a wrap dress will flatter your figure.
- If you have a rectangular figure, a dress with a peplum will add the illusion of curves.
- Opt for a formal jumpsuit if you don't want to wear a dress. Glam jumpsuits are on-trend, comfortable, and versatile. You can wear a jumpsuit to even the most formal of occasions if it's made from luxurious silk, chiffon, crepe, or brocade.
- Accessorize your look with embellished flats or stiletto heels, statement jewelry, and a clutch.
EditAccessorizing Your Outfit
- Wear comfortable shoes that will keep your feet cool on a casual day. Avoid getting uncomfortably hot and prevent foot odors by wearing open-toed shoes as often as possible. If you wear closed-toe shoes, make sure you wear socks.
- Sandals come in a huge variety of styles, and they’ll keep your feet cool while complementing almost any outfit. Not every setting is appropriate for sandals, though, so opt for a different shoe if you’re dining at a 5-star restaurant or meeting with a lawyer, for instance.
- Canvas sneakers are casual and breathable, and they’re perfect whether you’re playing ball or hanging with your friends.
- Choose dressy shoes that will let your feet breathe for nice occasions. Even if you're dressing up, it's important to be comfortable and keep your feet cool on the hottest days of the year. Opt for open-toed heels, loafers, and other shoes that will let air circulate around your feet.
- Flats, loafers, and boat shoes travel well and will help keep your feet cool. They’re dressier than sandals, and depending on your outfit, you can wear them pretty much everywhere.
- Strappy heels are glamorous and elegant, and they’ll instantly make your outfit seem dressier!
- Top your outfit with a hat. Protect yourself from the sun and add an extra dose of style to your look by adding a hat to your outfit.
- A wide-brimmed, floppy hat looks great with a dress, but you can also use it to dress up a tank top and shorts.
- A baseball hat is all about casual cool, and it will help protect your eyes while you’re hanging around outside.
- Slather on the sunscreen. If you’re going to be outside for more than 20 minutes, you need to wear sunscreen, even if it’s overcast outside. Choose a sunscreen that’s at least SPF 30 and re-apply it every 2 hours.
- Opt for light makeup if you wear any. Summertime heat and sweat can ruin a perfectly-applied makeup look, so go for a minimal look with tinted moisturizer, mascara, and a lip stain.
- For added protection, choose a moisturizer with sunscreen.
- If you don’t have tinted moisturizer, just mix a little of your foundation with your favorite lightweight moisturizer.
- Use your lip color as a quick way to add a little color to your cheeks! Just use your fingers to dab a little of the color onto the fullest part of your cheeks, then use your fingers to blend it in a circular motion.
- Carry all your essentials in a woven bag. Straw bags are the perfect tote for summer. You can throw in whatever you need, whether it’s a beach towel or that book you’ve been meaning to read.
- Top off your look with your favorite sunglasses. Not only do your shades make you look cooler, but they also protect your eyes from harmful UVA/UVB ray. That’s all the excuse you need to pop on a pair of too-cool aviators, glamorous pair of oversized glasses, or sporty pair of wraparounds before you leave the house.
EditSources and Citations
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
source How to of the Day https://ift.tt/2vRtnxK