Google's "Take a Break" feature is one of the more remarkable updates in YouTube's history. This feature lets you to set a reminder to take a break while watching videos on YouTube. The feature is “off” by default. This wikiHow article will teach you how to enable and use the "Take a Break" feature.
- Open the YouTube app on your device. The YouTube icon looks like a white Play button on a red rectangle.
- Tap on your profile picture or the grey icon at the top right corner of the app. This will open your account tab.
- Tap . You will see the option with a gear icon, under the Sign out or Switch account label. .
- Navigate to the settings. It will be the first option in the tab. Only Android users will need to select this option.
- If you are an iOS user, just skip to the next step.
- Tap on option. When you tap on it, a dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Select your "Reminder frequency" from the dialog box. This value determines how many minutes of view time you'll have before the app will alert you to take a break.
- When you are done, go back to the normal window and enjoy your favourite videos.
- When the alert shows up, your video will pause until you dismiss it or resume playing the video.
- Dismiss or adjust the reminder. Tap on the option, when the reminder shows up. Or tap on to adjust the time.
- Alternatively, navigate to Settings > General > Remind me to take a break to manage the reminder.
- Use this feature to control your YouTube usage and the smartphone addiction.
- This feature is currently only available on mobile phones, not tablets.
- When you pause or close a video on YouTube, the timer will also pause. The reminder timer only runs while you’re watching videos online on the YouTube app.
- Remove Saved Offline Videos from YouTube on Android
- Keep YouTube Playing in the Background on Android
- Change Your Country in YouTube
- Change Speed on YouTube on Android
EditSources and Citations
source How to of the Day https://ift.tt/2Ng9GUe