Off-the-shoulder tops are often the statement piece of an outfit. Since they're so versatile, you can wear them with anything — pair your off-the-shoulder top with high-waisted jeans and you've got a date night outfit, or wear your off-the-shoulder top with a long skirt if you're going to the office. By choosing a top that complements your figure and is comfortable, you'll be rocking the off-the-shoulder look all year long.
EditChoosing the Right Fit
- Pick an off-the-shoulder top that fits your height. The length of your off-the-shoulder top should correspond with your height. If you’re on the taller side, you can balance your height out by wearing long tops. If you’re shorter, it’s better to stick to shorter off-the-shoulder tops, or tuck long tops into the front of your pants.
- Longer tops are ones that can go below the waist of your pants or skirt, or ones that cover your butt when you wear them.
- Shorter off-the-shoulder tops could be crop tops or any tops that hit the waist of your pants or skirt or go above.
- Stick to styles that complement your figure. If you have a fuller chest, off-the-shoulder tops that are flowy or streamlined will look best on you. For smaller chests, you’ll be able to pull off form-fitting off-the-shoulder tops. Whichever style is right for you, try it on before making a final decision.
- For fuller chests, wide shoulders, or a larger build, try out an off-the-shoulder top that flows out from the top as opposed to one that's skin tight. A cold shoulder top — a top with only the shoulders cut out — will also look great.
- For smaller chests and a more petite form, wear off-the-shoulder tops that show your curves and cling to your skin more. You don't want to look swallowed in fabric, so be careful when looking at flowy tops.
- Decide on an off-the-shoulder top that allows arm movement. Off-the-shoulder tops can be restrictive when it comes to arm movement — moving around often causes the sleeves to scrunch up on your shoulders. If your top is too tight, you won’t be able to move your arms at all. Look for an off-the-shoulder top that allows you to move your arms and is comfortable.
- Clear elastic straps, such as the ones on bras, can be sold separately for $5-$10 and are found online. You can use these to attach to your top, if necessary.
- Find a strapless bra that fits you comfortably. One of the biggest problems people have with off-the-shoulder tops is that they eliminate many of your bra options. If you already have a strapless bra that fits you well, great! You can wear it with your off-the-shoulder tops. If you don’t have a strapless bra, try to find one that’s super comfortable and nude-colored so that you can wear it with almost anything.
- Many clothing and lingerie stores will help you get fitted for the right strapless bra.
EditCreating a Casual Outfit
- Wear your top with high-waisted jeans or a skirt for a relaxed look. Choose a soft, breathable off-the-shoulder top and pair it with high-waisted jeans. If you'd rather wear a skirt, choose an off-the-shoulder top that's a little more fitted. Wear shoes such as flats, sandals, or casual boots to complete the look.
- Frilly, floral, or cropped off-the-shoulder tops look great with high-waisted jeans.
- If you're wearing a flowy skirt, choosing a top that's form-fitted will help balance out your outfit.
- Pair your off-the-shoulder top with jean shorts for warm weather. If you're trying to beat the heat, pick out a pair of shorts to wear with your top. If you're wearing a cropped off-the-shoulder top, you could wear high-waisted shorts. For longer tops, tuck the front into your jean shorts to make sure your shorts are seen.
- Put on a pair of strappy sandals, and your outfit is complete.
- Throw on a pair of skinny jeans with your top for running errands. You can rock your off-the-shoulder top while shopping for groceries and visiting the bank, too. Pick out a pair of skinny jeans or colorful pants to wear with your top. You can put on your favorite pair of flats or tennis shoes to complete the relaxed outfit.
- If you have a pair of colorful shoes you'd like to wear, put on black skinny jeans or regular skinny jeans to make the shoes pop with your top.
- Opt for a bodysuit off-the-shoulder top to wear with skirts. If you want to bare your shoulders while avoiding a loose top, try out a bodysuit. These cling right to your body while the rest of the off-the-shoulder top is styled normally. Since they're form-fitting, these tops are perfect for wearing with flowy skirts.
- You can also wear this kind of top with jeans to avoid worrying about keeping your shirt tucked in.
EditPutting Together a Dressy Look
- Select sleek pants or a streamlined skirt for elegant evening attire. You can find many sleek, elegant-looking off-the-shoulder tops that are perfect for a formal event or evening gathering. Choose an off-the-shoulder top in a neutral color, such as black, tan, white, or any other soft tone. You can pair your top with sleek, formal pants or a longer, straight skirt to complete the outfit.
- Pick out a top that has a bit more length so that you can tuck it into your pants or skirt for a polished look.
- Pair a statement top with a pair of skinny jeans and heels. Choose a bold top, such as one that has puffy bell sleeves or a bright floral print, and wear it with a pair of dark skinny jeans. Wearing heels with your outfit will take it to a dressier level.
- Other statement off-the-shoulder tops include bold stripes, bright colors, layers of lace and ruffles, or an off-the-shoulder top that comes as a set with matching pants.
- You can choose heels that are bright and match a color in your top, or go with black that goes with everything.
- Wear cold shoulder tops with business-appropriate pants for a meeting. Cold shoulder tops are tops that have only the shoulders cut out of them, with straps to go on your shoulders and sleeves covering a section of your arms. Cold shoulder tops can be worn anywhere, but since they're modest and elegant, they can be worn at the office as well.
- Pair your top with sleek business pants and heels or flats.
- If your top is billowy, choose a pair of pants that aren't billowy to create a balanced outfit.
- Wear an off-the-shoulder top with matching pants for a bold look. Some off-the-shoulder tops are part of a set, creating a powerful and bold style. Wear a black cropped off-the-shoulder top with black pants and colorful heels to stand out. If you find a patterned off-the-shoulder top that comes with matching pants, try out both to see how the bold look works for you.
- Accessorize dressy outfits with as few pieces as possible. Since off-the-shoulder tops already draw attention to your neckline, it’s not necessary to wear a lot of accessories. If you do choose to wear a necklace, aim for one that stays close to your neck, such as a choker or short necklace.
- You can also choose to just wear statement earrings or sunglasses to make your look dressier.
EditSources and Citations
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
source How to of the Day https://ift.tt/2uj2KOW